Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Swap, Calendar, and tag
First of all, I was in a stocking stuffer swap hosted by The Well-rounded Woman. I am a bit late, but I wanted to thank my new friend who I think is Lawana for the foam stamps, cards with envelopes, ready to make scrapbook purse, and drink mix (not pictured). It was fun to have a surprise. I will definitely do it again next year. Thanks to Tara and my new friend. (Please give me a link to your blog so I can make sure I am giving the proper person credit.)
I was tagged by Sharla at The Mom Nerd. Here is how it goes...I have to tell 7 things, random things, about me and then tag 7 people. Beware...this will be more than you will ever want to know about me.
1. I have a case of OCD. I find myself caring about stupid things like if the bucket of miscellaneous screws, nuts, and bolts are separated and organized. Or if the towels are folded exactly right (fold 3 times lengthwise and then in half twice). When I make the bed the sheets and blankets have to be exactly even on both sides. Okay, you get my point, I won't rat myself out any more.
2. I don't really love to clean but I have to have a clean house...what if someone stops by and sees it messy?
3. I have way too many hobbies for the time I have. I am a perfect example of "Jack of all trades, master of none". I love stamping, scrapbooking, cross stitching, quilting, ceramics, tole painting, reading, baking, genealogy, and probably some I am forgetting that I never have time for. I really should give up a few hobbies so I can become good at one or 2 rather than dabble in all.
4. I consider myself shy until I become comfortable with you and then we can talk for hours. However, even my closest friends will never see me do things like get up in front of a crowd and act or sing....right Sharla?
5. I used to be so organized and on top of things until I got married and had kids. Now it seems as if things only get done just before deadlines. Take my stamp club for example. How wonderful would it be to have 3 months at a time (or more) planned out for club projects? Well, club is Thursday and I have yet to decide what to do. Hoping for some inspiration....and soon.
6. I am a member of the LDS church and have been since I was 8 years old. I consider myself extremely lucky there.
7. I HATE being cold with a PASSION! In the winter you will usually find me with sweaters, wool socks, slippers, and possibly a coat and gloves, even in the house. While I sit here at the computer and work each day I have to wear socks even though they sometimes get caught in my foot pedal. I even have a space heater next to me that is always on.
I am not sure I have 7 people who read my blog, so consider yourself tagged if you feel so inclined.
Ok, I hope you are still awake.
Here are a few more calendar photos. I love how each of these tell a story and for those who weren't involved in our year, I just have to explain one photo cuz it is so cute. In the November layout (the first one) on the top left corner you will see my younger son sitting on the back of the couch staring out the window all, all dressed up in his cowboy attire. My husband and older son were heading out to a concert of the Bar J Wranglers. Hubby said to Son 1, "Go get your cowboy clothes on we ahve to go." So both sons proceeded to get dressed up. Son 2 was completely heart broke when hubby and son 1 left without him. He cried for 15 minutes straight. I tried ignoring him, but finally I came in to see this and couldn't resist taking a photo. I called hubby and he was able to call his dad and get another ticket so he told him to get ready because he was coming to get him. The crying immediately stopped and he was one happy cowboy after that.