Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This is the bridal shower invite I made for my soon to be sister-in-law's bridal shower we are throwing this weekend. It is not my favorite thing I've ever made, but what do you do in a hurry?

This was our club project for August. It is using the soot stamping technique, which frankly scared me a bit, but I think I figured it out after a few tries. You can find the tutorial HERE.


I really wanted to learn how to do this technique after I saw this card at convention.I would love to know who created this card and how they did it, but unfortunately the names are not included on these. If anyone knows though, PLEASE let me know! I still want to know how he/she got the black stems and the airbrushed look. If you enlarge the photo you can see the detail. Simply amazing. Mine is very rookie comparatively, but still the technique turns out pretty. I don't have good sealer so I did the cracked glass over mine like this example.

No comments: