Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Convention here I come...

I signed up for several different organized swaps at convention. One of them is a male/teen and baby/child swap. I signed up for the child and the male cards.

This card is the child card. I used the new In Colors on this card. Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and the designer series paper from one of the new hostess sets. Don't ya love how us demonstrators can tease you like this? It is so fun to be able to preorder the new stuff and use it before everyone else. I also used whisper white, linen thread, wild about you stamp set, and the scallop punch. For the texture on the white paper I used a piece of seran wrap wadded up and dipped into the inks. I used Kiwi, Baja, and Pink Pirouette. This is my male card. This was really hard for me to figure out. I was going to use the Happy Camper set, but wouldn't ya know that they are retiring it right out from under me. So I decided I would use Loads of Love instead. This is kind of a bad picture, sorry about that. I used close to cocoa, always arthichoke, and very vanilla paper. I used linen thread on this one too. The truck is colored with the watercolor pencils and a blender pen. You can't see, but on the left side by the linen thread I have stamped Happy Birthday with a present in between. That was using a new hostess set as well. (the name slipped my mind at the moment.)

Although I am gone to convention, I will have posts all week. Stay tuned for more of my swaps.

No comments: