Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cards

Here are a few cards I created Saturday night. As I mentioned before, as demonstrators we have access to a lot of inspiration through the company. On our demonstrator website we have technique videos showing us how to do certain techniques. I watched a few and had to try them out. These cards are exact layouts of those shown on the video, but may be altered in color or stamp sets, etc.

This first card is showing the shadowing technique. It was really fun and so simple. You use the wheel in the in that matches your paper (celery was used here). Then you ink the roller with the whisper white craft ink and go over it with the wheel moved just a little bit to create that shadow. I also used old olive cardstock, and Summer Picnic DSP on this card. I used certainly celery grosgrain ribbon, oval punches, and the punches plus classy brass template. I don't know if you can tell, but the Thanks is shadowed and is on the inside of the card. Then I used the oval punch to punch a hole through the front so it shows like a window.Here is another view...sorry for the blur.
This is a card I came up with using dry embossing. You stamp your image(s) and then put your paper on the light box and you can see to emboss around the stamped image.
Ingredients: Pick a Petal stamp set, bashful blue, brilliant blue, and whisper white cardstock, bashful blue and brilliant blue ink, bashful blue 1/2 striped grosgrain ribbon

No comments: